Saturday, February 23, 2008

4 months old! (yesterday)

Riley had an uneventful 4 month birthday. She rang in the day by sleeping 11.5 hrs straight! WOOO! And then we went to lunch at La Villa... where she charmed the very Italian owner. All of the workers were just ooo'ing and ahhhh'ing over her. 2 of them said, "oh she looks JUST like her momma!" That was kind of them, but we all know that is not true as she is a SPITTING IMAGE of her dad. But hey, it made me feel good for .5 seconds!

We had the 4 month check up. 11lbs 10oz and 23.5 inches long! She has gone from the 10th %ile to the 25th! Way to go RiRi! That's what I'm talkin' about! The dr gave us the green light to start on other solids besides cereal. Thank goodness, I was itchin' to move on! She got 3 shots. That is the hardest thing in the world to watch. I got a little teary eyed. I'm a loser. She smiled and talked and laughed for the dr and nurses. Dr M was VERY proud of where she is developmentally. Right before she was getting weighed, I was holding her... naked... and she smiled, BELCHED, and then smiled and laughed at the nurse. A comedian already!

Don't worry though... I rewarded her for her terrific behavior at the dr's office! On the way home, I got some ice cream and sweet tea! Then, we took her to Target later on... and she got to pick out 1 video game. She picked out Dance, Dance Revolution - Supernova. How she knew I wanted it soooooo bad, I don't know. She's just that smart! She also got a gift from her Grandma (Plice)! New babylegs! Nice and hand knit especially for her! We sure did wear her out again... she slept 11 straight hours! (well, she woke up at 6 and talked to herself and laughed for 30 minutes, then went back to sleep on her own). Now she is down for her morning doze!

As for Ryan and I... I only have 10 more working days left! WOOOO HOOOO! I may take on watching a couple of kids, but I'm in no rush to do that right now. I want to enjoy time with just my little girl for a little bit. Next weekend we are headed up to my parents (again), but I don't think Ryan will be joining us. Riley will go to a nestie get together (the online mom forum I am often on) and get her professional pictures done! Ryan has been working a lot lately. It stinks... but hey, it's money! We need that! Soon tax season will be over and he won't be allowed to do any overtime... so that's ok! Exactly 1 month until EASTER!

I'm 4 months old today! (2/22)

Mmmm Banana's and Rice Cereal. Sometimes mom lets me eat naked. These are my new babylegs!

2 comments:

Stella Barrutia said...

She is getting so big! I love her hand knit baby legs! They look so comfy.

Bethany Plice said...

looks like my mom beat me to making the baby legs...who would have thought