Friday, March 26, 2010

lots of stuff.

I mean, how else can I title this? This one has recipes, links, updates, funny stories, and PICTURES!

First off... Neither of us felt like making dinner tonight, so pancakes it was. Except... we were out of pancake mix AND syrup. So I quick searched allrecipes.com and found 2 that I liked. They were SUPERB.  The syrup recipe, well I wouldn't use it if I wanted the "maple" syrup taste, but it was sweet and delicious. Pancakes... best ever. For real. No more pre-made mix for us. Plus it is cheaper. Who doesn't love cheaper???

Here are the recipes I used (I altered the originals)
  • 2 C flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
  • 4 tablespoons Smart Balance butter, melted

Mix together dry ingredients and then add eggs, buttermilk, and butter.  Batter should be lumpy and appear thick and bubbly. Pour in to skillet and cook! 
(adapted from THIS recipe)

Syrup... copied this almost exactly... except we didn't have maple flavoring, so I left it out. 

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon maple flavored extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan, combine the white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in the maple extract and vanilla, and remove form the heat. Let cool, and serve at room temperature. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Be aware that it may crystallize a little if the container is not completely airtight.


 So next order of business. I got a new blog. I'm going to keep all of my craft and sewing stuff there. I have had a bunch of crafts lately and I don't want to bog down this site! So feel free to check it out! It's http://pleasecommitme.blogspot.com/ .  I also got a new logo for my ETSY shop.  So check that out. I've been working on getting stuff listed on there again, so that is part of why I have been absent. 


And next...
My grandfather died. It wasn't sudden, but it's still sad. I miss the fun we had when we were little kids... he was so much fun and absolutely loved everyone. Whoever he was with was the most important person in the world. He was suffering from an illness called Cerebral Ataxia. It is a terrible disease. His body was failing him, but his mind was fine. He was in constant pain. He had an amazing home health care provider who shared the Gospel with him often and my brother in law was able to lead him to Salvation. So, while I miss his presence on this earth... I'm rejoicing that he is no longer in pain and that he is worshiping God in heaven right now. 


And next.
This beautiful weather. I just cannot tell you how much I love it. We've had days in the 60's and 70's recently! WONDERFUL! We've been taking the kids outside a whole lot. That means tons of great pics! Riley LOVES being outside. I am pretty sure if we never forced the issue, she'd stay outside all day and night. Too bad this weekend is going to be gross and chilly. Guess I'll be forced to do some cleaning. UGH.

Oh Riley lies now. LIES.  Last weekend Ryan asked her to please come away from Asher's door b/c he was sleeping and he didn't want her to wake the baby up.  She looked at him and said, "mommy said I could!" I assure you, I never said such a thing. Never would I tell her that she could wake the baby up! She also told me Ryan smacked her legs. He did not. I'm not sure where she learned to lie. lol. Oh and everything "here-ts" lately.  She got a rug burn on her knee from throwing a temper tantrum and she keeps saying, "ohhh it here-ts" instead of "hurts". It's so cute. And bugs. Oh the bugs. She searches for them all over the house and outside. Lately every speck is a bug.  She "sees" a bug and then starts screaming and sometimes becomes hysterical. Sigh.

Asher boy. He was 7 months yesterday. When did he get so old? I need it to SLOW DOWN. On Monday we have his "6 month" well-baby visit.  However, I don't think she is going to find him to be "well".  I'm pretty sure she is going to find he has another ear infection. Classic signs today... fussy when laying down (happy when upright), not sleeping, not nursing (but will take the stinkin' bottle), and lots of congestion. I'm really over the ear infections. DONE!! We've started taking him to the chiropractor to see if that'll help. I figure it'll do nothing or it will help. We'll see.  He is rolling all around. Everywhere. In split seconds. He's going to be army crawling soon, too, I think. He is trying his hardest to move all around! I'm not ready!

And some pictures.
An evening outside (that's right... EVENING!!)

From earlier in the month when Ryan's family visited... chillin'

Playing outside...

I wonder if we'll ever get her to look at the camera again?

Always smiling!

St Patricks Day outside at my parents.

Worn out after a fun time playing with her friends Cole, Dean and Rosa.

No comments: