The time a few weeks ago that she told me, "OH BE QUIET, Mommy!" - steam. You want to see a pregnant woman run? That's how you do it. That situation was handled in a manner we felt appropriate for her personality and age and she's not said it again. Actually, she has said quite a few times, "I won't tell Mommy to be quiet again. That was VERY rude." Yes, yes it was.
One night she made an inappropriate comment and I asked her not to say that again b/c it was inappropriate. To which she responded with, "Mommy, don't tell me that's inappropriate. Just laugh at me. Just laugh at me." And shoot... I laughed. How could you not?
Then last night, we were getting ready to put little man to bed and all of a sudden, she starts saying, "I just want him to sleep next to me! I just want him to sleep with me!" No clue what she was talking about... well until we walked back to their room. She'd gone ahead and taken it upon herself to rearrange the bedroom. She moved his crib right up next to her bed. We were laughing and I am guessing she thought she was about to be in big trouble because she kept saying, "BUT I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on THAT one little girl
(and a cell phone pic of the room rearrangement... their beds are normally in an L shape. She had to completely turn it, push it over, and move it down)
She says so much more and I'm going to try to regularly update with those... but I needed to get these down before I forgot.
And before you think that I've forgotten about the little man, I haven't. He is the sweetest, gentlest, and just kindest little soul there is. He is much more calm than I ever expected him to be. But oh dear is he a dare devil. He has NO fear. He has had his head glued shut (but, in all fairness, that was not his fault.), a goose egg, another cut above his eye. He climbs with reckless abandon. He is FAST. I cannot turn my back on that one for fear of where he may be when I look at him. And he talks... oh he talks. And it is so cute! This little body with these words... his favorite phrase, "I want that!" "I want some!"


No comments:
Post a Comment