in my 4 short weeks as a mommy...
My sleepless nights are now spent cuddling my sweet baby girl. Most nights, I don't mind the feedings (except when she won't go back to sleep!) because this is when it is just us and I just get to cuddle her and relax...
My life did not end when she was born... it was flipped upside down... but it was a new beginning
I had only a few things I said "never" to and I'm sticking to those. However... with other aspects - I have become MUCH more flexible
1 cry can be the most frustrating thing in the world, but it can also be the most heartbreaking
Some days I feel like I have no "motherly instinct" because I listen too much to what others tell me to do... when I go with my gut, everything ends up working out.
I could not have ever picked a better man to be my husband and the father of my little girl. He has stepped up to the plate in ways I could never imagine and is more supportive about EVERY thing than I could ever ask for. He pretty much takes over right when he gets home from work and does whatever he can to make sure I am not stressed out.
I refuse to live in "isolation"... when hanging out with friends is going to interrupt our "routine", we invite them to our house rather than going out. I get out of the house at LEAST every other day - sometimes with Riley, sometimes w/o.
And... last, but not least...
That I would make plans around nap and feeding and really weigh whether or not it is worth it to ruin a nap by going and doing whatever it is (usually it's not)... or determine how many naps will be ruined if I decide to go do (insert long activity)! Nap time is a good time. It's me time. It's my down time.
This is not to say that every day is easy or that even being a mom is easy. There are hard days... every day there is something difficult. When she won't just GO TO SLEEP and is crying whether you hold her or she is in her bed and won't stop and you know it's because she's tired... it's frustrating. At the same time, it is heartbreaking because that sweet baby doesn't know that sleep is good and will make them feel better! But I'm in love... with my little girl... and in love in a totally new and amazing way with my husband. God has blessed us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw, Emily. Those are very sweet thoughts. Enjoy Riley's nap time!
Post a Comment