Well let's see... tomorrow marks 37 weeks. As long as I make it to get a pay check next week, Riley's allowed to arrive any time. If she'd go ahead and wait until next Friday to come, that'd be PERFECT. You see... I have next Friday off. So then I wouldn't be not working any hours I was already paid for. (I'm paid hourly and I'm paid ahead of time.) However, Lara did cancel her trip for early next week... she didn't want to go in the first place and also said that she was feeling uneasy leaving me stranded like that. Haha. She is too sweet.
Let's see... some updates. We went on the hospital tour tonight. It was quite nice! Now that I know where to go... I'm ready to have this kid! haha. As of last Thursday, I weighed in at 125.5 lbs. I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Really... it's nice to know SOMETHING is going on... but it really doesn't make a difference! I could stay like that for another 5 weeks, really. Or... I could have her tomorrow. So... yes, reassuring that there is some progress, but doesn't promise anything. I am, however, now feeling lots of discomfort in my lower abdomen... I wasn't having any of that before.
Ok... on to the good stuff!!
Today was my first big scare... I stood up from the chair I was sitting in (I was giving Benjamin his lunch) and all of a sudden I feel this cool sensation on the back of my upper thigh. At first I thought, "OH NO! My mucus plug! This is so embarassing!" Then I realize that, no... it can't be that it's wet... not gooey! and then... I thought, "OH NO! My water just broke! OH CRAP! Not yet!!"... in th end, I had just spilled some of my water on my chair and didn't realize it... it was also down the front of my shirt. WHOOPS! But it was pretty hilarious, none the less.
Right now Ryan is setting up the exersaucer... you know, this kid needs to start exercising the day she comes home... and the dog is trying to help. He has the bottom "saucer" part sitting gon the floor, so Ella sat in it. She looked at him as if she were saying, "Thanks for this great new seat you got for me, Dad! You're the greatest!" Unfortunately, by the time I snapped the picture, she was getting off of it. DANG IT! By the way... it is KILLING me not to set up the exersaucer and just let Ryan do it... I'm so obsessive about things that I assume he is going to break it or mess it up... just because HE is doing it and not ME. I'm out of control these days. (update... he has it all together and just is working on adding the toys... however, as soon as he got the top on... he had to push on it to make sure it bounces. It does... he gave it the nod of approval. This is serious business apparently. Oh... and he has to test out every toy that goes on there... he approves.)
Ella lost her bear privileges... you see, something in the fur kept making her hack! We'd think she was about to throw up and rush her outside... and then nothing. And then she'll do that hacking... as if she is some sort of cat trying to cough up a hairball for a few hours. I freak out and think she is choking and dying... Ryan laughs at me. I don't know what he's laughing at. I'm not dramatic or anything. She is still stealing socks... she's kept it to one at a time lately, though. Thank goodness. The other thing she has been doing is hiding stuff! It's hysterical!! She will push things in to the crack of the couch so that she thinks nobody can see them. She also will get her ball and tuck it under her chin (when she is laying down on the couch) and if we come close, she makes sure we can't see it. It's pretty funny. I love that dog.
Alright... I'm sure tomorrow I'll be able to think of some new ailments to tell you about... For now here are some pictures and a little verse at the end that my brother in law sent me today.
Today I'll leave you with this verse...
Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment