The next weekend started our whirlwind of travels for Christmas!! Friday night, we headed up to my parents... left the dog with them. Left for Ohio at 2 am and were there by 9:30. We stopped about 10 miles before getting to the house to get gas. Riley slept the ENTIRE way!! Yay Riley!! However, when we got there, she screamed (on and off) for an hour... very unusual. She finally zonked out for 45 minutes and then woke up happy and ate. We were there visiting until Monday morning. We had TONS of fun!! Again - always fun to show her off!! She loved spending time with her Grandma and Grandpa and aunts. She put on quite the show with all of her smiling and cooing!! It was great! We got tons of amazing gifts!!! My favorite... our quilt!!!!!!!!!!! It is beautiful!!
Monday we headed back to my parents... again, when we got there she screamed for an hour and was quite cranky until she went to bed for the night! We spend Christmas Eve at Mandies... we got to meet baby Jack (who arrived at 9:08 on 12/22/07 weighing in at 7lbs 13oz, everyone is doing great)... he made Riley look so big and old!!! My sweet one is growing up!!! Christmas day, Riley slept through presents. We got lots of great things... then headed back over to Mandie's for presents with them... more great things! That afternoon, we spent it with the Frey's... LOVED it!!
Day after (we got lucky... Ryan got called at 5 a.m. saying he didn't have to work!)... I got to go get some new clothes from Gap with my gift card... LOVED that!!! Then we attempted to head home. It took 45 minutes to go 4 miles... so we turned around and headed back to my parents. The plan was to leave at like 5 a.m. so we'd be back in time for both of us to work... then Lara said she didn't need me then or Friday! YAY!!!! So, Ryan headed back to Lynchburg EARLY Thursday morning with Jason... and I stayed at home for another day... I was supposed to go back Friday. Got to hang out with Katie on Thursday, YAY! Then Thursday night happened. Riley cried for hours at my sisters house. I felt like a jerk... she didn't need that, she had a newborn to worry about!! So, I was trying to sneak out when she was putting the girls to bed, but couldn't find my key. Great. Just what I needed. It was Riley's worst night EVER. EEEEEEVER. I was in tears... she wouldn't eat. She wouldn't sleep. She didn't want to be held. She didn't want to be down. Nothing. I felt so horrible... felt defeated. No clue what to do. My sister took her and got her to drink 3 oz of formula... and finally she fell asleep for about 45 minutes. So, I called my brother to come and pick me up... I got her home, fed her for 10 minutes... and she was out from 11:30 - 8:00 in the a.m.!!! It was heavenly!
I ended up rescheduling my eye exam... Ryan rode up to my parents with a friend on Saturday... and we all headed home together on Sunday evening.
I'm glad to be back... it's relaxing. Haha. We were going to go to my parents for my b-day, but I think we're going to take a break from traveling for a few more weeks. It's so exhausting!!
Riley is doing great! She is smiling and coo'ing more than ever!! Pediatrician thinks that she has reflux... but calls her a "happy spitter". Basically... she spits up at EVERY FREAKING MEAL, but she doesn't fuss. She is gaining weight, sleeps well, and eats well.... but, we think it is getting in her nose and making her stuffy, so she is on Zantac to see if that helps. we're also going to take her to the chiropractor. Today we tried out her exersaucer... she loved it. Silly me... when we put her in it the first time, I thought I had it on the lowest setting... wrong. I had it on the tallest. After I changed that, she liked it much better!!
(Pictures go from newest to oldest)






No comments:
Post a Comment