Thursday, January 31, 2008

my poor sick baby

Well, they say the 3rd time's a charm... and that was true for us w/ Riley Roo. We went to the pediatrician on 1/20 and 1/24 because she was sick and were told that it was just a bad cold that needed to work itself out. So frustrating. By Friday night/ Saturday morning, Riley was not herself. She would scream anytime we laid her down and was SUPER fussy otherwise. When I was rocking her at 5:30 a.m., I decided we were going to the dr and we weren't leaving until they gave her SOMETHING. Sure enough, we got in to see her regular pediatrician and she took one look at her ears... ear infection in both ears. The cold was now borderline on pneumonia. Terrific. My 3 month old is already going to go on anti-biotics. It made me a little sad that her perfect little body had now been tainted. The world was already starting to attack her. However, we've survived and she is happy and smiling again! I love that gummy little smile!


Sick Riley - Thursday evening

No comments: