Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Goodbye Garlic. Again.

So I gave up onions this time because they make Asher-boy so very gassy. Alright, fine. Most things are just fine if you just add some onion powder and then you don't get the gas factor.

I've stayed away from garlic *just in case* since that was the ONLY thing that bothered Riley. Well I went to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday w/ friends from work. And everyone knows that Olive Garden = salad and bread sticks. I ate a LOT of bread sticks that were coated in butter and garlic. They were so delicious and amazing. What is not amazing is how fussy Asher has been last night and today whenever he'd nurse. He kept pulling away - clearly repulsed by the taste - and fussing. He was insanely gassy. He took the bottle fine all day and so we gave him a few oz in the bottle tonight and no problem. So problem solved. No more garlic. Oy.

Oh this also means that all of my work pumping today was for nothing. NOTHING because it all has to be dumped. It's been tainted with garlic. BLAST!

Other than that...

I started back to work last week. It's been a fairly smooth transition back. I went back on a Wednesday. Ryan was able to stay home Wed/Thurs/Fri. Kids didn't have school Friday or Monday, so it was nice to have 2 low key days. Our weekend was pretty relaxed. Nothing major. Asher and I went to church again finally. He was a dream. Riley was wiggly... but please tell me what 2 yr old is NOT wiggly?

Riley is a hot mess. Cute as she can be! She has learned to sign "help" now. I love it! She "uses her words" when she does it, too. She is sassy and nuts. This afternoon she was coming in the living room and saying, "bye bye!" to me and then running down the hall and slamming her door. She'd open and poke her head out to see if I was looking. When she realized I was, she'd crack up and say, "bye bye!" and slam the door again. Ryan actually had to tell her to stop slamming doors. If she is like this at 2, what is she going to be like at 13? At least this time she was laughing and it's not because she hates us.

Oh... she also no longer has a bed rail on her bed. We took it off last night when I was putting her new quilt (yes, she has ANOTHER quilt. You can NEVER have too many) on her bed and just left it off. She thinks she is so old now. She was giggling and climbing up and down and up and down. I guess she feels like we gave her some freedom..

Expect pictures of my crazies... I mean children... soon.

No comments: