Sunday, November 22, 2009

the rumor is true.

no no, not the rumor that I'm "with child" again. Oh dear Lord, that would seriously make me want to go and jump off of a bridge. LOVE my 2 babies, but that is plenty for this moment in time.

The rumor that is true is that I have a new obsession. Sewing. Seriously, I'm OBSESSED. I've slowly started acquiring more and more (and more... and more... and more...) fabric over the last year - year and a half. I'd make small projects here and there, but nothing huge. I mastered rag quilts and they are a nice "long term" project. But I like doing things w/ immediate results. Last weekend I completed an advent calendar for Mollie and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. She ordered the pattern from an etsy shop and had me make it. I'll be doing one for myself and my sister this week... I had a TON of left over fabric. I'll be sure to post a picture when I make another. The only one I snapped of Mollie's was w/ my cell phone so the quality totally blows! This week I made a little toddler backpack for a friend. I used this pattern from blueprints and it was SO easy that I decided to do one for Riley! I completed hers this afternoon...

Right now I'm working on a hooded reindeer towel and washcloth. I got the original idea from the Gooseberry Patch Christmas book and found a similar pattern online. Now I'm combining the 2, improvising, and creating my own!

Oh! And I have MY ETSY shop open again!! I only have 2 things in it right now, but keep watching. I plan on updating a few times a week for right now...

Here are the backpacks:

Friend's:

Riley's:

No comments: