Friday, April 30, 2010

the haircut

It was bound to happen. I have heard it from every mom out there. Every kid cuts their own hair at some point. I had the knowledge. I knew it'd happen one day. I even see those kids in the store that have already suffered the tragedy and thought to myself, "looks like someone grabbed scissors when mom wasn't looking," knowing one day I'd be that mom with THAT kid. But I had not yet prepared myself for it. I really thought we had a little while... at least a few years... before it happened to us. WRONG. I was WRONG. It happened this week. Monday, to be exact.  If you look at the post below, you can see how Monday was.

And here is how it went...
Sunday night I had been cutting threads off of a project and left the scissors laying on the bookstand. I noticed them when I went to make dinner Monday evening, so I moved them to the kitchen table. Asher was playing in the exersaucer and Riley was in between the living room and the kitchen. All was well. Ryan got home and brought the mail in. I read one of the letters  and made him come and read it b/c I was SO confused.  So he did. We discussed. He went to check on Riley. I hear, "oh.my.gosh. RILEY! What have you done!?" followed by hysterical laughter. I am yelling, "WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT HAPPENED!?" and see that he has the scissors in one hand and hair in the other. Gut punch. No sir. Don't show that to me. Not today.

She got a good chunk of hair and, quite frankly, the pictures don't do it justice. Bangs... gone. About 3 chunks off the side of her head. And a chunk out of the middle. Yep... she does everything BIG and dramatic. Nothing little with this girl.  We've gotten her hair trimmed, but the camera battery is dead right now... I'll try to get a picture of that tonight. There really was no fixing it though...


The middle chunk...

The side... there are a few clumps hidden in there

The bangs

For reference... this is the other side and the amount of hair that she USED to have on both sides.

Another look at her cuteness w/ the bangs...

Just a bonus picture

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Nice Pics, baby look so cute, thanx for the share.