So I've been tagged by Bada (aka Jaime).
"The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet $10 that he could sum up his life in six words. His were- "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."
My Meme:
"I am addicted to my life."
It's true... I am addicted to my life. I love it and would not change a thing (well maybe we'd have more $). I love my husband - he's amazing. I love my daughter - I can't get enough of her cuteness. I love our life we have together and all of the people that are involved in it.
Ok... next order of business.
You may remember 3 weeks ago when I took Riley to the dr... they said she has eczema and a virus. Well, the virus wasn't going away. I kept thinking that it would. It had to. They always do. Then I chalked it up to teething. The thing is, Riley was NOT being miserable after the first few days. BUT... she was not her usual happy self. Last Tuesday, she was running a fever of 102 (under her arm) in the evening. So, we gave her some tylenol and a cool bath. She seemed fine after that. I figured she was just over tired and probably over heated. We went to the pool that day. Then on Wednesday, the same thing happened. WEIRD! But whatever, as soon as she had tylenol, she was fine. We went to Bible Study and she was such a good girl.
Then Thursday morning happened. She was super cranky and when we got to the Bailey's house, she felt super warm. Ok, she felt hot. She wouldn't eat any of her cereal. I knew there was a problem. Ryan called her pedi and made an appt. Took her in at 10:30. Well, when it was 12:00 and I hadn't heard from them, I was thisclose to having a panic attack. I was shaking and sweating. It was not good. FINALLY he called! Her fever was 103... they did a catheter to check for a bladder infection - clear. WOO. Poor baby - glad I wasn't there for that. I would've been a wreck. Ryan admits that he nearly cried, too. Apparently there was lots of screaming. Then they did a blood test. Her white blood cells were elevated (about double what they are supposed to be). So they gave her a shot of an antibiotic in the office, a dose of tylenol, and orders to come back the next day. I took her in Friday morning. No more fever (yay!), white blood cells were almost back to normal, and it had turned in to an ear infection. So, after a couple of doses of omnicef, she was back to her normal self! She slept 14+ hrs Friday night and woke up LAUGHING at 10:10 Saturday morning! So great to have my happy baby back!
Fathers Day was excellent. Took Ryan out to breakfast. He hung out with his friends and then we hung out all evening. Over all, a very relaxing weekend. It was superb.
This week has been busy, but good. Babysitting the boys is ROUGH. I am exhausted! They certainly keep me on my toes! Yesterday we went to the pool... it was excellent. Rooster LOVES being in the water. She stayed in the :notsowarm: pool for almost 2 hrs before wanting to get out! We took a short break in the middle to get a snack! Then it was back home and time for bed! WOO!





No comments:
Post a Comment