Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lots of Adventures

This weekend we went to visit my family and boy was it an adventure! It was hot as the devil up there! UGH!

Riley and I attempted the Occoquan Craft Fair Saturday morning. BAD idea. Seriously, what was I smoking when I thought taking my 7.5 month old alone to a craft festival in 99 degrees was a good idea? To make matters worse... after we hiked the nearly 1 mile to get down to it and walked around for about 5 minutes, I realized I'd left my wallet in the car. Not only could I not get the funnel cake and smoothie I so desperately wanted, I couldn't get water... and I couldn't pay to get on the bus ride back to the parking lot. I almost sat down and just cried. I contemplated calling Ryan and making him come and pick us up... decided against that idea. We hiked back... poor Riley's cheeks were so flush and she was sweaty. I was a hot mess, as well. We got back to the house, I showered and headed to a baby shower.

That afternoon after approximately 2 hrs of attempting to go to the pool... Alyssa and I finally made it. 1 - Targets womens bathing suit selection SUCKS. I'm not wearing some sort of skanky bikini 7 months after giving birth and 2 - the lifeguards at my sisters pool SUCK.

Sunday was good. Went to church, saw Calling Levi, then headed back to my parents so Rooster could get a nap. We took Riley to get some professional pictures done. They are fabulous! Erik never disappoints me! Then it was off to the pool again and then back to Lynchburg.

Rooster was soooooo good in the car this weekend! She sure was a trooper!

She is loving to give kisses! If you tell her to give you a kiss and make those kissy lips, she leans in and kisses you. LOVE it!!! Even when she is fussing, if you tell her, "Riley give me a kiss!" then you better have your lips ready! She will want to smooch them!


Here are her professional pictures done by the fabulous Erik Wang (for those who don't know, he also did our amazing wedding pictures)

Check out that faux-hawk!
"mmm I love utz pretzel sticks!"
(note to self... buy some of these. Amazing.)

"Hmmm... How fast can I eat you little guy?"

1 comment:

Jaime said...

You've been tagged. Check out my post "Meme",

~Bada