We have had a big few days! Friday was a first for us. Riley had her first non-family babysitter! I had graduation rehearsal and so our friend Bethany came over to play! (Well, technically I've left her with the neighbors before, but she was asleep the whole 30 minutes so that doesn't really count) The Rooster did great... although she didn't want to nap! That was fine, I just laid her down when I got home. Friday evening, we met up with my mom and Kathy and had dinner! It was great having them here! Lots of hanging out was done... so that was wonderful!
Saturday was graduation! Chuck Norris was within 20 yds of me! I wanted to check for the 3rd fist in his beard... but couldn't get close enough. We found out that the only reason he sky dived for George Bush's birthday was because he didn't want to admit to the (former) president that he'd never done it before! I didn't stay for the 2nd ceremony where you actually walk across the stage... I was starving, Riley was starving and exhausted, and all the paper was going to say was "your diploma will be mailed." Mine should've been mailed months ago, but I still have a $100 balance at LU, so they are holding it hostage. One day I'll pay that. lol. We had lunch at Red Lobster and then I went shopping a little bit with my mom and Kathy. It was SO nice having them here! Riley got spoiled rotten, like usual. Saturday afternoon, she also showed us her new trick. Ryan went to get her up from a nap and sure enough... she'd pulled herself up to her knees and was holding on to the side of the crib! Time to lower the mattress! EEK!
Speaking of new tricks... let's discuss... she is trying so very hard to crawl. Gone are the days that I could just plop her down and go do something and expect to find her anywhere near where I'd left her. No, no, no. She is scooting all around. It's only going to get worse. Nothing is safe... she's officially declared our house a war zone. Everything is about to go on lockdown.
Yesterday was TERRIFIC! My first official Mothers Day! Ryan was fabulous! He got me an 8x10 picture of Riley that said, "Happy Mothers Day"... very very cute. He also changed ALL of the diapers yesterday! I never knew how exciting that'd be. He made lunch... but that's nothing new, he does that often! He's a good good man. When I got Riley up from her nap, I was standing her up in her crib and she was holding on to the end and pulling herself up! Her feet kept lifting off of the mattress! AHHH! We went to a 'cook out' (actually a cook IN since it was raining) last night. Riley - of course - won the hearts of many as she is the only baby at this new church! Spoiled, I tell ya.
Now a video from last Thursday of Riley's predictions for the weekend... and some pictures!




1 comment:
Congrats Emily! Now pay your 100 dollars so you can display your diploma!!! :)
Post a Comment