Thursday, May 22, 2008

I have a 7 month old. Holy crap.

Ok... before I start... I NEED THIS c.d. It is not a want or a desire, it is an absolute necessity. Listen to the song "I'm Not a Marsupial"... I promise, you will fall over laughing. I have it as my song on myspace and I crack up the entire time. I will be getting it. Good, wholesome music for the Rooster.

Now. Let's see. She's rotten as ever and I love it. Last Saturday she got up from her nap in a foul mood. I mean, I didn't know that a baby could be that mean. She was giving dirty looks, even. But then Ryan set her on the floor so he could go get a diaper and that just threw her over the edge. She had her butt up in the air (like in the below picture) and put her face in her hands and just SCREAMED. Hello temper tantrum. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I just walked away because I can't be giving her attention for that sort of behavior. But, I won't lie... I totally laughed. I have a feeling I will NOT be laughing when she is still doing this in a few years.
She's still trying her very hardest to crawl. Yesterday she did move her hands and THEN face planted. She's good at rocking on her hands and knees, but usually it just throws her on to her face. Still trying to pull up on things, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it completely. She is still surprised whenever she pulls herself all the way up to her knees. Yesterday she had the whole top half of her body inside of her little box of toys we keep in the living room (it was laying on the floor) trying to get a ball out. Who cares that she had 5 other balls that were identical to it on the floor. Oh and her fake coughing... it's getting excessive.

As for us... nothing really new. I start working again in a few weeks. Babysitting again. I'll be honest - I'm looking forward to going to the pool a LOT this summer. It will be heavenly. I'm NOT looking forward to wearing a bathing suit. No sir'ree, Bob. Ryan finally got his internship paperwork turned in. He will FINALLY be done this fall. We're definitely praying about where God wants us to go after that. We will see!

There will be 7 month pictures and stats later on today... but for now, look at the pictures below. They are sure to make you smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh I love how she is sleeping! It is so cute.